Yes pup’s human friends want to devour fruits and you can feed your loving pet watermelon but, it’s necessary to give it to them in moderation or self-restraint as all fidos can react heterogeneously to unquestionable food for this exercising caution is always the best idea.
This flavoursome food contains a lot of water that is about 92% water. it is best for dogs which keep them hydrated. In addition to this quintessential summer snack is fat-free and contains potassium, different vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Also it has fibre which is unhelpful in the digestive tract.
- Watermelons low in sodium and has only 40 calories per cup.
- Lycopene is a phytonutrient, an antioxidant that may help prevent cancer.
- It’s important to know the benefits, side effects and how to serve it to your loving pet safely.
Dr. Danielle Barnal
He’s a veterinarian and said watermelon isn’t natural pet food. It’s not just a tasty snack, it’s healthy for Rover too. The sweet melon packs plenty of water, making it a hydrating treat for pups.
American Kennel Club
According to American Kennel Club watermelon has beneficial nutrients for dogs. But rind may cause digestive upset.
Great Source Of Hydration
National watermelon promotion board proclaimed that the watermelon contains about 40 calories a Cup and 92% water, so this fruit is a great source of hydration.
Side Effects Of Watermelon
If you are serving any new or human food to your furry friends, you must be aware of its benefits and also side effects of the food.
Here we will discuss what you should know about the potential risks of watermelon on giving them to your dog.
- Many animal owners give them some sustenance to their furry friends which they made for themselves. That’s why mortal and pets are experiencing the same health issues as a result.
- Watermelon should not be seizable part of a dogs diet. Eating too much will may be made some complication like diarrhoea, gastrointestinal upset and Tummy ache.
- In small dogs the seeds of watermelons can cause severe intestinal obstructions and blockage in the digestive tract.
- Rind should not be consumed by your pup as they can cause constant urination.
- Upset stomach.
- Intestinal blockage.
- Constant urination.
- Dogs could end up with diabetes because of all the sugar intake from just every once in a while feeding watermelons.
- Watermelons are safe if pet owners are giving it to their dogs in small amounts so it would be harmless. So before feeding watermelon to your dog you must know the risks and all precautions.
Buy Seedless Watermelon For Your Dogs
If you want to share your watermelon with your dog then that’s not going to harm them at all but the pips are the seeds in the watermelon are poisonous for dogs. So if you want to share your watermelon then you have to do one of two things you can either spend the time and take out of all the pits before you give it to your dog or you can spend a little bit of extra money when you are at the market. if it’s available in your area buy a seedless watermelon a little bit more expensive but you can share it with your a dog without worries.
Symptoms To Look For
Call your vet if your faithful companion has eaten up immense watermelon and undergo the following symptoms call your vet
Following are the symptoms listed by the vets and pet experts.
- Intestinal blockage.
- Regular diarrhoea.
Watermelon is a fruit with the highest amounts of sugar. It has a high glycemic index a term linked with quick rises in blood sugar after a food is consumed the larger or higher the number, the faster the increase in blood sugar. Watermelon glycemic index is around seventy-five out of hundred for this reason dog should not be given watermelon every day ideally offers small portion as a reward or natural treat every once in a while to know if they can tolerate watermelons the very first time we offer to our dogs we should give n small piece and see how they react after some time.
Yes, puppies can also enjoy this fruit as per the instructions or directions are given as their digestive system is still developing new foods must be introduced very gradually or slowly.
Dogs eating watermelon is the newest internet trend people are posting videos of their pups eating the fruit all over Instagram. It is a great way for a dog to enjoy summertime. Who knew there were so many techniques to eat this fruit? Some dogs are gentle nibblers some use utensils other dogs eat their watermelon in cubes. Some think slice is a great opportunity to play a tug of war. Jenelle Bannister started the trend when she shared a video of how gently her dog, Chesire eat watermelon which got nearly 160,000 retweets and 500,000 likes. Watermelon is a perfect snack for a healthy dog. However, as with everything, it is best given in moderation.
Dogs are not the only ones joining in on the fruity fun. Watermelon is loved by all animals like cats, Guinea pigs, Tortoises and hamsters.
Now you know dogs can eat watermelon and how to offer it correctly. You and your dog can enjoy this healthy natural treat together.