A most prominent, continent in the world is Asia – intensifying across 48 various countries. With over 4.5 billion population, Asia summaries for over half population!
As an outcome, Asia is home to thousands of millions of puppies. In addition to this, several landscapes and thousands of years of tradition bring Asia the outstanding breeding ground for unique Asian dog breeds.
Asian dogs have made their path to all parts of the world. Various of becoming the most popular dog breed in Western countries.
Innumerable dog lovers are not aware of the origin and history of their pet. As we know that most of the prominent and well-known dogs breed listed on AKC which originated from Asia.
List of Established And Famous Asian Dogs Breed:
- Afghan hound.
- Chow chow.
- Tibetan Mastiff.
- Chinese shar-pei.
- Shih Tzu.
- Korean jindo.
- Shiba Inu.
- Lhasa apso.
Life span: 12 to 15 years.
Temperament: Gentle, willful, playful, calm.
Colors: Black and tan. Hairless, Merle, blue and tan, bicolour, Brindle.
History: This dog breed originated in Afghanistan. It has almost 13, types of this dog breed most of the people, even pet lovers, are not aware of their dog’s history and origin is very important.
Interesting facts: Afghan hounds are very intelligent and having speed up to 40 mph.
Health: The afghan hound shave a long life span according, to AKC,the dogs are very healthy. Its owner’s responsibility to know all the symptoms and conditions. they are generally prone to elbow dysplasia.
Appearance: On the top knot, they have silky hair, and the whole body is abundantly covered in hairs even, the ears and feet. The hairs very smooth and short as the Afghan hounds will most probably grow 29 inches tall which, is 74 centimeters and weigh about 64 pounds which are 29 kg.
Life span: 9-15 years.
Temperament: Not aggressive, independent and aloof.
Size: 17 to 20 inches and 40 to 70 pounds in weight.
History: The church show is an ancient Breed. This dog breed originated from Mongolia about 2000 years ago after some time. These dogs used as guard dogs in china.
Appearance : This dog breed is in two coat types, that is rough and smooth. And these coats are in different colors red, cream, solid with lighter.
Health: The chow is generally healthy but always find a good breeder if you want to buy this dog. Most Common problems or health issues are canine hip Dysplasia and Entropion.
In NEPAL, Tibet, and Magnolia this dog breed was very famous and the dog of choice. This dog breed recently recognizes, by AKC.
- Male dog stands at least 26 inches and weight 100 to 160 or more pounds.
- Females 24 inches and weight 75 to 125 pounds
- Tibetan mastiff dogs are very calm, intelligent and have a strong sense.
- The dog owner must be aware of all the health issues, for example, canine hip dysplasia, flow dysplasia, osteochondrosis, CIDN and Autoimmune hypothyroidism.
- For Tibetan, a small yard is not adequate for sure ha huge yard is crucial for his needs.
- The Tibetans mastiff has an enormousmane encircles the neck.
- Life Expectancy: 12-15 years
- Temperament: intelligent, protective and friendly.
Life span: 9-11 years.
Temperament : Loving, intelligent, devoted and affectionate.
Colors: Black, red and sand.
Weight: 40 to 55 pounds.Height:18 to 20 inches.Fun facts about this dog breed:
Chinese share-pie means “sand skin”. This dog breed is recognized for bristle-like coat and loses furrows.
- Folds of skin.
- Tiny ears.
- Short muzzle.
- Thick round tail.
- This dog breed earlier was a defence dog and pit fighter.
- Sherri does not require frequent bathing.
- Always get a puppy from a responsible breeder.
- Sharpie dogs are alert and intelligent as this dog breed is very calm and devoted to his family.
- Shar-pei is independent and strong-willed.
- The most common health issues are shar-pei fever, hypothyroidism, cancer, elbow dysplasia, demodectic mange, seborrhea, pyoderma.
- The sher-pet dog needs only a little grooming, and he doesn’t need to bathe daily.
According to some historians, they are like Tibetan mastiff. And they lived in luxuries accommodation. There are three different types of pug dogs i-e short-nosed dogs, lion dog, and the lo-you.
- Pugs are generally 10 to 14 inches tall and weigh 14 and 18 pounds.
- If we discussed the temperament, of pug so, it is influenced, by the environment and some factors.
- Pugs are a healthy dog breed, but it’s vital to be aware of different health issues. So the most common health issues are cheyletiella dermatitis, pug dog encephalitis, Epilepsy.
- Nerve degeneration
- Corneal ulcers.
- Dry eye.
- Stoph infection.
Life span: 12 to 15 years.
Temperament: The Clever, gracious, attentive and charming.
Colours: Apricot, silver in colour and black.
When glancing at the beautiful, innocent-Shih Tzu, it is difficult to acknowledge they were breed to be diminutive reproductions of lions, which sort of Buddhist characters. These dog breeds are very polite and cheerful puppies, which comprehend them tremendous family dogs. They have a coat which exists in a mixture of colours, frequently varied with different white. Shih Tzu has different ways to be groomed, their iconic glance has them with a sole ponytail on their head, with “hair” that can grow long without trimming.
Korean Jindo has been in gender preference for a long time.There is no evidence that from where this dog breed originated. But a lot of popular theories state that these dogs breed descends from Mongolia. And then Mongolian brought this breed to Korea.
Personality-wise jindu dog breed is renowned for its loyalty and intelligence. Generally,Korean jindo is a healthy breed, butthe owner must aware of some genetic problems that are hypothyroidism.
The Shiba inu dog breed is famous for a bold and spirited personality.In recent days this dog usually service companion dogs in Japan and the United States. The Shiba inu dog was originated in Asia and then brought to Japan. They are possessive and a good family dog. This dog breed is very loyal and devoted. If you want to buy a Shiba inu, find a good breeder and take clear assurance about health as they are affected by chylothorax.
Lhasa Apso is a large dog breed and none for Royal bodyguard. This dog the brand is very contentious and generally doubtful of strangers. Lhasa apso is not a kind of dog which inevitably amuse you but Lhasa doing his own thing that means some objectives in life. These dogs are highly dominant and have a leading attitude. This dog breed is taking time to do certain things and mature slowly.
Pekingese dogs are called “lion dog” in china. This dog breed looks like Shih Tzu. The Pekingese inaugurated in the 1800s when European battalions ransack everything inside the Chinese Imperial Palace encompassing the Pekingese dogs.
Pekingese dogs Have big eyes, a steady face, and long coat. These are very thoughtful and affectionate.
Read More >>> German Shepherd Dogs Breed Information